Friday, September 6, 2013

Fall 2013: Top 5 Anime Series



09/06/2013

So, the new Fall anime season is here. You can check out the entire lineup by clicking the link above. Below I will highlight my top 5 anime to watch for Fall 2013.

Gundam Build Fighters (GBF):

This is the the latest Gundam series since Gundam AGE released in 2011. So this should definitely fill a hole in every Gundam fan's heart who has been waiting for the next series. GBF will be releasing on October 7. I would say that I'm most excited about this series because I love the Gundam franchise. Not too much is known about the plot at this point, but Gundam is a very consistent franchise. Rarely does a Gundam series miss the mark, in my opinion, although it can happen. We'll just have to watch and find out.

Pupa:

If there were not a Gundam series releasing this Fall, Pupa would be at the top of this list. I've never read the manga, but I've heard some great things about it. I'm very excited for this one. The atmosphere and art style look dark. I am hoping for a series similar in feel to Attack on Titan and/or Berserk. Pupa will release later this Fall. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a great one.

Hajime no Ippo Rising [Season 3]:

Hajime no Ippo is one of my favorite anime series of all time, and I read the manga every single week, as you know if you follow my blog. If it's one of my favorites of all time, then why is this not higher on my list? Well, the answer is simple, I've already read all of the story that will take place in this series in the manga. With the surprise gone, it is hard to rate this number one. With that said, I'm still hyped to see some epic fights and to hear some of the best music in anime. HnI will air in October.

Yowamushi Pedal (YP):

This anime is a dark horse for me this season as far as being something worth watching. If you knew me personally, you would know that I enjoy cycling. I have a lot of friends that enjoy it even more than I do, so I hear about it frequently. With that background, you can see why I may want to check out an anime that is about riding. Now, whether or not the story turns out to be interesting enough to keep watching, you never know, anything is possible. After all, there have been other sports anime in the past that I didn't think I'd be interested in even though I like the sport person, i.e. Prince of Tennis, but I was. YP will release in October.

Pokémon XY:

This made the list, but only just barely. Why did I bother to list it at all? Well, I am a huge fan of the video games, but only slightly a fan of the anime series and movies. However, I'm itching to learn more about the new Generation 6 Pokémon, and this show should provide some more background for them. I will probably catch some episodes here or there while I'm playing through X & Y. Pokémon XY will release October 17, five days after the games.

Well, those are my top 5 anime series for Fall 2013. What do you think? These are not my opinion on the "best" 5 anime series of the year, but rather the top series that I'm interested in watching. Do you agree or disagree with any of my choices? If so, please let me know in the comments below.

Thank you for reading.

*Credit for the Banner at the top of the post and the list of Fall 2013 Anime goes to Zana over at Neregate.com. Please be sure to check out neregate.com and let Zana know directly how much you appreciate the hard work in putting together that amazing resource.*

No comments:

Post a Comment